Hello friends, here I am sharing a review on Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati as it has many benefits on the human body to keep it healthy. Giloy Ghanvati is a product of Patanjali, an Indian Industrial company located at Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Details
Giloy, scientifically called Tinospora Cordifolia, which found easily and is a very powerful herb, beneficial for preventing fever, boosts immunity, protects from various general infections, general weakness, urinary, and skin disorders. Giloy Ghanvati is made through water extraction of the fresh Giloy plant.
1) Giloy Ghanvati – Ingredients
- The main composition is Giloy / Tinospora Cordifolia
- Each tablet contains 500 mg of Giloy
- Excipient Q.S.
2) Product Price and Packaging(approx)
- 40 gm – Rs. 90
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Benefits & Uses
I have discussed medicinal properties, health benefits, uses and dosage of Giloy.
1) Biomedical Action
- Adaptogen: Improves cell factors so that it can handle more stress elements applied to them.
- Antibacterial: Kills bacteria and prevents their expansion or their capability to reproduce.
- Anti-gout: Smoothen metabolism and prevent the high level of uric acid in our body.
- Anti-hyperglycemic: It counteracts the high level of glucose in the blood (commonly used in diabetes mellitus).
- Anti-inflammatory: It reduces inflammation or swelling by performing on body mechanism.
- Anti-mutagenic: It interferes with the mutagenicity of an element, thus protects from transforming the mutagenic compound into mutagen, activation, DNA reaction.
- Antioxidant: It prevents oxidation of the other elements. Oxidation is a chemical process that can yield free radicals which leads to a chain reaction may cause harm to cells.
- Antiperiodic: Diseases like in viral fever, malaria etc has a tendency to increase the temperature in our body in certain time intervals. Giloy reduces the frequency of this above symptom.
- Antipyretics/Febrifuge/Antifebrile: Giloy has antipyretic substances which impacted the hypothalamus, thus our body system can be worked in a low-temperature level and fever reduced.
- Anti-viral: It has the ability to fight against viral infections.
- Cholagogue: promotes more bile secretion from the liver, pushes bile in downward and reduces constipation.
- Detoxifier: It also acts as a detoxifying agent and helps in toxin removal from our body.
- Diuretic: Increases amount of urine which helps remove excess salts, viruses, waste elements from the body.
- Immunomodulator: Giloy Ghanvatis has immunomodulator property which changes the immune reply and mechanism.
- Hepatoprotective: Provides protection to liver tissues or cells and regenerates the damaged cells.
- Mild Analgesic: It also acts as a reliever on various pains (e.g. dental pain, muscles pain etc.).
- Revitalize tonic
2) Giloy Ghanvati – Benefits
- Giloy Ghanvati Liver: Giloy Ghanvati helps to detoxify and cleanse the whole body-system, especially through the liver. It repairs tissues and cells damaged from various viral infections or damages due to alcohol consumption, chemicals, and medicinal drugs intake.
- Immune System: All autoimmune diseases can cause inflammation. Giloy Ghanvati speeds up antibody production in our body and helps our immune system to fight against diseases like AIDS, cancer, arthritis is degenerative in nature.
- Joints: Giloy Ghanvati clears toxins from blood circulation and removes uric acid through our waste elimination organs and thus helps us to fight with various joint related problems including gout, arthritis etc.
- Giloy Ghanvati for Skin: It prevents inflammatory and suppurative skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, systemic lupus erythematosus. These commonly come from the use of excessive alcohol, recreational drug, and pharmaceutical drugs.
- Digestion: It reduces excessive acidity, gastritis, inflammation, peptic ulcer development, indigestion etc. It heals bowel affected by constipation, intestinal bleeding, hemorrhoids or dysentery. Also, it redresses the intestinal floral imbalance with candida like symptoms (e.g. flatulence, bloating, malabsorption).
- Giloy Ghanvati for Metabolism & Blood Purifier: By correcting metabolic system and blood it regulates the blood sugar level which helps in controlling diabetes and hypoglycemia.
- Giloy Ghanvati for Nervous System: Giloy Ghanvati helps the nervous system, reduces nervous irritation, acts as a nerve tonic and prevents it from aging.
- Reproductive System: Giloy Ghanvati has the ability to reduce heat acting on hypothalamus which cures sexual dysfunction caused by an unusual increased body heat condition.
- Giloy Ghanvati for Swine Flu: According to Swami Ramdev’s recommendation take seven Tulsi leaves and a foot size branch of Giloy herb, then mix them together and extract the juice of this mixture in a pot. Then drink it after boiling this extracted juice. This method will boost resistant power and helps us to fight against swine flu infection.
- Giloy Ghanvati for Dengue and Chikungunya: Giloy is a very useful herbal plant in fighting dengue and chikungunya fevers. It increases immunity and platelet count effectively. If anyone takes Giloy regularly, they will be less infected by these fevers. If you are suffering from dengue or chikungunya take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening. For children, 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening. One can also mix the 6 inches fresh Giloy stem and 4 glasses of water, boil it until one glass of mixture is left. Drink this mixture in morning and evening.
3) Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Uses & Dosage
- Adult (12+ yrs of age): 1 or 2 tablets, 2 times a day
- Children (5 to 12 yrs of age): Half of the adult dosage or 1/2 tablet two times a day
- In general, tablets should be taken 20 to 30 minutes before meals or 2 to 2.5 hours after. It is absorbed by the important water, honey or other material according to the condition of the disease.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Side effects, Warnings & Suggestions
- Giloy Ghanvati has no known side effects.
- It can be given to children safely.
- Giloy Ghanvati is a non-toxic herb and has many medicinal properties.
- This medicine may cause constipation.
- It can be taken safely up to a few months.
- This medicine can be taken along with your other allopathic medication.
- It generally has no harm to take during pregnancy or breastfeeding conditions. But during these above conditions, it is always highly recommended to consult a doctor before taking any type of herbal medicine.
- Giloy Ghanvati reduces blood sugar level. So, it is recommended to test your blood glucose level regularly when taken in diabetic condition is recommended.
- It can cause a feeling of vomiting or nausea to some people.
- If possible, one can prepare juice from the fresh plant depending on its availability as fresh Giloy is much efficient than processed tablets.
Important Note: This medicine is generally suitable for everyone. But you must consult a specialist/doctor before intake to ensure safety from any possible side effects.