Hello friends, here I am sharing a review on Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati as it has many benefits on the human body to keep it healthy. Giloy Ghanvati is a product of Patanjali, an Indian Industrial company located at Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Giloy, scientifically called Tinospora Cordifolia, which found easily but is a very powerful herb, beneficial for preventing fever, boosts immunity, protects from various general infections, general weakness, urinary, and skin disorders. This product is made through water extraction of the fresh Giloy plant.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Ingredients
- The main composition is Giloy / Tinospora Cordifolia
- Each tablet contains 500 mg of Giloy
- Excipient Q.S.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Biomedical Action
I have discussed medicinal properties, health benefits, uses and dosage of Giloy.
- Adaptogen: Improves cell factors so that it can handle more stress elements applied to them.
- Antibacterial: Kills bacteria and prevents their expansion or their capability to reproduce.
- Anti-gout: Smoothen metabolism and also prevent the high level of uric acid in our body.
- Anti-hyperglycemic: It counteracts the high level of glucose in the blood (commonly used in diabetes mellitus).
- Anti-inflammatory: It reduces inflammation or swelling by performing on body mechanism.
- Anti-mutagenic: It interferes with the mutagenicity of an element, thus protects from transforming the mutagenic compound into mutagen, activation, DNA reaction.
- Antioxidant: It prevents oxidation of the other elements. Oxidation is a chemical process that can yield free radicals which also leads to a chain reaction may cause harm to cells.
- Antiperiodic: Diseases like in viral fever, malaria, etc has a tendency to increase the temperature in our body in certain time intervals. Giloy reduces the frequency of this above symptom.
- Antipyretics/Febrifuge/Antifebrile: Giloy has antipyretic substances which impacted the hypothalamus, thus our body system can be worked in a low-temperature level and fever reduced.
- Anti-viral: It has the ability to fight against viral infections.
- Cholagogue: It not only promotes more bile secretion from the liver but pushes bile in downward and reduces constipation.
- Detoxifier: It also acts as a detoxifying agent and helps in toxin removal from our body.
- Diuretic: Increases amount of urine which helps remove excess salts, viruses, waste elements from the body.
- Immunomodulator: Giloy Ghanvatis has immunomodulator property which changes the immune reply and mechanism.
- Hepatoprotective: Provides protection to liver tissues or cells and also regenerates the damaged cells.
- Mild Analgesic: It also acts as a reliever on various pains (e.g. dental pain, muscles pain, etc.).
- Revitalize tonic
Giloy Ghanvati – Health Benefits and Uses
Here I have discussed health benefits and uses of this Patanjali product.
Giloy Ghanvati for Liver
Giloy Ghanvati helps to detoxify and cleanse the whole body-system, especially through the liver. It repairs tissues and cells damaged from various viral infections or damages due to alcohol consumption, chemicals, and medicinal drugs intake.
All autoimmune diseases can cause inflammation. Giloy Ghanvati speeds up antibody production in our body and helps our immune system to fight against diseases like AIDS, cancer, arthritis is degenerative in nature.
Giloy Ghanvati clears toxins from blood circulation and removes uric acid through our waste elimination organs and thus helps us to fight with various joint related problems including gout, arthritis, etc.
Giloy Ghanvati for Skin
It prevents inflammatory and suppurative skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, systemic lupus erythematosus. These commonly come from the use of excessive alcohol, recreational drug, and pharmaceutical drugs.
It reduces excessive acidity, gastritis, inflammation, peptic ulcer development, indigestion, etc. It heals bowel affected by constipation, intestinal bleeding, hemorrhoids or dysentery. Also, it redresses the intestinal floral imbalance with candida like symptoms (e.g. flatulence, bloating, malabsorption).
Giloy Ghanvati for Metabolism & Blood Purifier
By correcting the metabolic system and blood it regulates the blood sugar level which helps in controlling diabetes and hypoglycemia.
Giloy Ghanvati for Nervous System
Giloy Ghanvati helps the nervous system, reduces nervous irritation, acts as a nerve tonic and prevents it from aging.
Giloy Ghanvati has the ability to reduce heat acting on the hypothalamus which cures sexual dysfunction caused by an unusual increased body heat condition.
Giloy Ghanvati for Swine Flu
According to Swami Ramdev’s recommendation take seven Tulsi leaves and a foot size branch of Giloy herb, then mix them together and extract the juice of this mixture in a pot. Then drink it after boiling this extracted juice. This method will boost resistant power and helps us to fight against swine flu infection.
Giloy Ghanvati for Dengue and Chikungunya
Giloy is a very useful herbal plant in fighting dengue and chikungunya fevers. It increases immunity and platelet count effectively. If anyone takes Giloy regularly, they will be less infected by these fevers. If you are suffering from dengue or chikungunya take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 tablets in the evening. For children, 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening. One can also mix the 6 inches fresh Giloy stem and 4 glasses of water, boil it until one glass of mixture is left. Drink this mixture in morning and evening.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Dosage and Direction
- Adult (12+ yrs of age): 1 or 2 tablets, 2 times a day
- Children (5 to 12 yrs of age): Half of the adult dosage or 1/2 tablet two times a day
- In general, tablets should be taken 20 to 30 minutes before meals or 2 to 2.5 hours after. It is absorbed by the important water, honey or other material according to the condition of the disease.
Patanjali Giloy Ghanvati – Side effects, Warnings & Suggestions
- Giloy Ghanvati has no known side effects.
- Children can use this medicine safely.
- Giloy Ghanvati is a non-toxic herb and also has many medicinal properties.
- This medicine may cause constipation.
- One can use it safely up to a few months but only after doctors recommendation.
- This medicine can be taken along with your other allopathic medication.
- It generally has no harm to take during pregnancy or breastfeeding conditions. But during these above conditions, it is always highly recommended to consult a doctor before taking any type of herbal medicine.
- Giloy Ghanvati reduces blood sugar level. So, it is recommended to test your blood glucose level regularly when taken in the diabetic condition.
- It can cause a feeling of vomiting or nausea to some people.
- If possible, one can prepare a juice from the fresh plant depending on its availability as fresh Giloy is much efficient than processed tablets.
Product Price and Packaging (approx)
- 40 gm – Rs. 90
Important Note: This medicine is generally suitable for everyone. But you must consult a specialist/doctor before intake to ensure safety from any possible side effects.